Travaguy and I sat down and created a bucket list! In absolutely random order, some things are his and some are mine, but we are on this adventure together, so we figured sharing a bucket list was appropriate! I’m sure that with time, it will change – we will add and subtract as life goes on.
What would you add to this list? Let us know at the bottom via Twitter or Facebook, we’re always looking for new ideas!
1. Take a picture with elephants in Bali.
2. White water raft down the Colorado river through the Grand Canyon.
Go “swampin” on a fan-boat on the Bayou. (Completed Jan 2013)
Take a fan-boat tour of the Everglades. (Completed 2012 – read the blog post here!)
5. Do a wine tour in Italy.
6. Go on a gondola in Florence.
7. Eat dinner with an authentic Sicilian family, in Sicily.
8. Go on a safari in Africa.
9. Zip line in New Zealand.
10. Hold a baby kangaroo in Australia.
11. Swim with sharks – or (safer) dolphins.
12. Sleep in an igloo.
13. Drink a beer at Oktoberfest in Germany.
Get a cup of coffee at the original Starbucks in Seattle. (Completed 2012 – read the blog post here!)
15. Watch a bullfight in Spain.
16. Visit the Eiffel Tower.
17. Take a hot air balloon ride in Paris.
18. Snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef
19. Take a picture of lava flows after hiking up an active volcano, preferably in Hawaii.
20. Pan for gold in Alaska.
Party like a rock star in New Orleans. (Completed Jan 2013)
Take a bourbon shot on Bourbon Street, New Orleans. (Completed Jan 2013)
23. Jump in the big-ass hole in South America.
24. Sail on the Mediterranean.
25. Enjoy teatime in London.
26. Swim in Iceland’s Blue Lagoon.
27. Drink a beer in an Irish Pub – in Ireland.
28. Walk across Abbey Road.
29. Ride a boat down a Venice canal.
30. See the Cherry trees bloom in D.C. in the spring.
31. Spend a winter somewhere warm(er than MN).
32. Eat a gyro in Greece.
33. Hike in Torres del Paine National Park, Chile
Camp in Yellowstone. (Completed May 2011)
35. Hike the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.
Bike on an ocean Beach Boardwalk. (Completed 2012, biked along the Mission Bay boardwalk on retro beach-cruisers!)
37. Rent a hut on the water in Bora, Bora.
38. See an opera in Sydney’s Opera House.
39. View the Northern Lights in Finland.
40. Book a last-minute ticket to wherever I can go for the money I have.
41. Visit the Great Wall of China.
42. Step foot in all 50 States.
43. Set foot on all 7 continents.
44. Take a trip around the world.
45. Take a Tango lesson in Buenos Aires.
46. Surf (or paddle) in Hawaii.
47. Eat sushi in Japan.
48. Sunbathe at the Galapagos Islands.
49. See the Pyramids of Giza.
50. Experience Prague.
51. See Glow Worms in the Waitomo Caves in New Zealand.
52. Go on a road trip of the USA with no itinerary.
53. Write a travel book.
54. Go deep sea fishing.
55. Drink a Corona sitting on the beach in the Bahamas.
56. Go on a cruise, anywhere.
See the Statue of Liberty – and Times Square. (Completed 2012 – read the blog post here!)
58. See Antelope Canyon, AZ.
59. See the lavender fields in full bloom in Provence, France.
60. See the Colosseum in Rome.
61. Ride a sailboat in Turquoise Sea, Sardinia, Italy
62. See the Balloon Festival in Albuquerque, NM.
63. Visit Easter Island.
64. Partake in the Color Festival in India.
65. Spend a day at Stonehenge in awe.
66. Plan and go on an Art Nouveau tour in Europe.
67. Walk the Borneo Rainforest Canopy Walkway
68. Take a helicopter ride over the Great Blue Hole in Belize.
69. Go horseback riding in Monument Valley, Utah
70. Learn a second language.
71. See the Taj Mahal.
72. Visit Portugal.
73. See the Moulin Rouge.
74. Attend a Sunday church service in a European cathedral.
75. See Saint Basil’s Cathedral in Moscow, Russia
76. Admire Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel in Rome.
Unmarked photos are provided by me, all others provided as marked. Most photos credited to Travaguy (JonathanRotellaPhotography.com).